Thursday 15 September 2011

Statement of Intent.

I created this blog in 2007 because other people had created blogs in 2007 and I didn't want to be left out. I posted two things in 2007, both of which I liked and then I stopped.

I'm not sure if I stopped because life got in the way or because I didn't have anything interesting to post or because I was lazy. It definitely wasn't the third reason, although it probably was the third reason but I don't want to admit it.

In December of 2009 I received a small notebook from my parents in which I was supposed to note each book I read and copy down favourite quotes etc. You know, one of those little pointless human things that help us forget about sex and death for a few minutes.

In March of 2010 I started using the book and I have written in it a couple of lines about each and every book I have read since. I find it enjoyable to think that whenever another book is defeated I get to notch it up and give it a good hard judging. Not that the judging is hard, it is normally a few words about what I have liked about the book.

Now I think it would be a good idea to expand upon my little book and give more thought to the things I read and write them down and send them into the ether...


...where no-one will see them.

Nevertheless, I intend to do this!

I have three rules and they are:

I must read the book in its entirety. If I get sick of it and drop it before finishing it I cannot review it.

I must state the month, year and location in which it was read.

I must not be rude about the book.




I may review books that I have read previously and noted in my notebook providing I follow my rules above.
I have no desire to focus only on newly published books, or classic books, or fiction, or non-fiction. I will read whatever takes my fancy and review it purely on how I felt about it.


If anyone does read this blog they may comment as much as they like. However, I draw the reader's attention to the caveat in the header; you will only find opinion here.


So, now I am sitting comfortably, let me begin...

No comments: